Kafka Magical Mystery Literary History Tour Registration
June 29-July 8, 2012
Berllin, Prague, Krakow
Congratulations! You are about to embark on the trip of a lifetime, the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Franz Kafka and Dora Diamant, as Kathi Diamant, author of the award-winning biography Kafka's Last Love and director of the SDSU Kafka Project, leads you on a ten-day European sleuthing adventure to Prague, Krakow, and Berlin, three Kafka Project Research centers. Your ten-day (nine nights) itinerary is scheduled as follows:
Thursday June 28, 2012
Depart for Prague (if flying from USA, Canada or Australia)
Friday June 29, 2012 - Prague
Arrive Prague Ruzyne Airport, Czech Republic. Free transfer to Bishops House Hotel.
Group Welcome Dinner.
Saturday June 30, 2012 - Prague
Tour of Prague Castle, Golden Lane, and Charles Bridge, followed by lunch in Old Town Square. Afternoon and evening free for concerts or to explore the city.
July 1, 2012 - Prague
Insider’s tour with local Kafka experts, with visit to Kafka’s grave and private tour of the Kafka Museum. Farewell to Prague dinner.
July 2, 2012 - Krakow
Travel to Krakow, Poland by deluxe motorcoach. Lunch in picturesque Brno with Wine Tasting at Moravian Castle. Check in RT Regent Hotel in Kazimierz. Dinner in the Jewish Quarter. Optional Evening Walk to Old Town Market Square.
July 3, 2012 - Kafka’s Birthday!
Krakow Highlights Tour to Wawel Castle & Old Town Market Square in the morning, and afternoon and evening free to enjoy numerous events, lectures, films, concerts, and tours during the 22nd Jewish Cultural Festival in Kazimierz.
July 4, 2012 - 22nd Jewish Culture Festival!
Optional Tours to Auschwitz or Salt Mines or River Cruise. Visit to Galicia Jewish Museum. Fourth of July celebration with fireworks.
July 5, 2012 - Berlin
Travel to Berlin, capital of Germany, by Deluxe Motorcoach, with lunch stop and sightseeing in Wroclow (formerly Breslau,) Poland. Check in at Hongimond Hotel. Dinner at award-winning Honigmond Hotel Restaurant. Optional Evening Tour of Berlin.
July 6, 2012 - Berlin
East & West Insiders Tour in morning, afternoon visit to the architecturally acclaimed New Jewish Museum. Wine & Cheese Cocktail Reception for Kafka authors and scholars.
July 7, 2012
Private walking tour of Kafka’s and Dora’s neighborhood of Steglitz and Botanical Gardens in the morning. Optional afternoon tours to Wannsee & Potsdam. Gala Farewell Dinner.
July 8, 2012
Transfer to Berlin Airport to travel home or onto your next adventure!
COST & ARRANGEMENTS:
- Because of the exclusive nature of this trip, registration is limited and will be on a first-come, first-served basis (determined by payment of deposit). A block of rooms has been reserved in Prague, Krakow and Berlin. You are encouraged to register ASAP to guarantee availability.
- The itinerary above has been meticulously planned for your enjoyment. However, the agenda may be subject to change at the hotel’s or authors’ discretion and/or availability and will not alter the terms of this agreement.
- Cost for the tour is $3,690.00 (US) per individual, based on double occupancy (single supplement $985). These prices include the cost of the deposit.
- Registration is not complete until this completed form and a $1,000 deposit are received. If you cancel your reservation, the deposit is refundable less a $350 service fee until February 15, 2012. Payment may be made by credit card on our website at www.KafkaProject.com or by check payable to Kafka Project and mailed to P.O. Box 16750, San Diego, CA 92176.
- Final payment is due by March 15, 2012. After final payment, no refunds are issued. Trip cancellation and interruption insurance is recommended and available through most travel agencies
- Nine nights lodging (3 in Berlin, 3 in Krakow, 3 in Prague), full buffet breakfast every day, five lunches, five dinners, specialized sightseeing , tours in each city with museum admissions, private presentations, access to the 22nd Jewish Culture Festival, cocktail reception with German Kafka scholars and authors, Kafka's birthday and Fourth of July celebration, professional travel directors throughout, local guides and Kafka experts in each city, donation to the Kafka Project, signed copy of first edition Kafka's Last Love, and the experience of a lifetime.
- Airfare, trip cancellation or interruption insurance, any meals not listed, all personal expenses (including but not limited to laundry, phone charges, beverages not included with meals, souvenirs, internet service, and other incendiaries)
Limitations: The Kafka Project is not responsible for any damages, loss, theft, or additional charges to the tour bus(es) and hotels all of which must be settled directly between the undersigned guest and the bus company or hotels, nor for any damages, loss, and thefts incurred during the trip.
The undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the terms and conditions set forth on this registration.
Please complete form below prior to registering for event. Form submittal implies acknowledgement of and agreement to all terms and conditions set forth in Registration Agreement. Registration for event will not be accepted without proper form submission.
MAGICAL MYSTERY LITERARY HISTORY TOUR 2012